What to do with Water Damage
Water damage is two words that every home or business owner dreads hearing. And every water damage is different, each requiring a unique solution.
Your SERVPRO® of Mayes and Wagoner Counties team will inspect the damage to your property, then access what steps need to be taken, then create a plan of action.
Remember that SERVPRO® works will all insurance companies and is the preferred vendor for most insurance companies.
One of the most important parts of the process is determining where the water has come from. Whether the water has come from a leaking water line, a hot water tank, clogged toilets, broken water line, broken dishwasher hose, a washing machine, a leaky roof, foundation cracks, a flood or from recent snow and or ice. Finding the cause and making sure that the leak is fixed is the first of many steps that need to be taken.
If left unresolved water damage can cost the home or business owner thousands of dollars’ worth of damage.
- Even minor water leaks can lead to larger issues later if not resolved.
- Water can:
- Damage flooring, particularly wood and laminate flooring.
- Walls (sheetrock, drywall panels).
- Cause rotting wood (cabinets).
- Damage household appliances.
- Ruin carpet and padding.
- Damage furniture.
- Cause rusting of metal.
- Lead to mold growth.
- Mold growth can occur very quickly and lead to even more issues, including health related if not treated properly by a trained professional such as our SERVPRO® team.
It is important to get our SERVPRO® team to the water loss as soon as possible to get the water removed swiftly.
- Our technicians use specialized equipment to target the water and use moisture sensing equipment to detect any wetness hiding where we cannot see.
- We will remove all the moisture from your property with air movers and dehumidifiers. Sometimes this may take a few days to complete this process.
- We will remove any damaged property such as carpet, cabinets, and appliances from the affected areas.
- We will also remove with care, any belongings such as furniture, clothing, and personal items that can be restored. We can clean and sanitize many of your restorable items.
- The restoration process could include major reconstruction, such as rebuilding. SERVPRO® can rebuild everything, from a room to a whole house or business.
SERVPRO® of Mayes and Wagoner Counties specializes in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration.
If you have any questions, call your SERVPRO® of Mayes and Wagoner Counites, 918-486-1055. 24/7 Emergency Response. And always FREE Estimates for any job.